Branding a political party to find new audiences
for Vasemmistoliitto (Left Alliance of Finland)
“Berry Creative was analytical, passionate, and thorough. Communications, project management and the feeling of trust were spot-on. We were inspired by the process and the end results were greeted with joy within the party.”
Meri Valkama, communications coordinator, the Left Alliance
Co-operation with: Vasemmistoliitto, photographers: Touko Hujanen and Pinja Nikki.
The Left Alliance is the fifth biggest political party in Finland. The party and its supporter body have grown, and the Left Alliance needed a new brand identity to show what it stands for today.
We worked with the Left Alliance to help it succeed in the coming elections. The commission included:
- prioritizing its interest groups
- analyzing how its previous brand identity was conceived within different interest groups
- investigating the needs of the grass-roots-people using the identity
- studying the verbal and visual worlds of its national competitors and international sister organizations
- clarifying the wanted visual impact
- designing a fresh, optimistic brand identity
The Left Alliance held its annual party cruise the day after the visual identity was out. The new visual identity was greeted with joy, with party members taking photos and selfies in front of it, ideating ear-rings from the logo, and buying out the stock of new t-shirts.